Student Poster Session at the AAC Annual Anodizing Conference and Exposition
Posters will be presented October 4 and 5, 2016 in the Salon des Saisons at the Omni Mont-Royal Hotel in Montreal, Canada. Students will be expected to be stationed at their poster from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday and 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday to explain their research. Judging will take place on Wednesday, October 5, 2016. You will be allotted approximately five minutes to describe the work to the judges.
- An easel will be available to each student for displaying the poster. Poster material should be prepared and carried to the conference. Upon arrival, AAC will provide a poster board for mounting.
- All posters must be up by 5:30 p.m. Students are responsible for mounting/setting up their posters. The poster session area will be available for set-up one hour before the session starts (4:30 to 5:30 p.m.).
- Students are responsible for removal of posters within an hour of the end of the session. Any materials left afterward will be removed and discarded. AAC and the Omni Mont-Royal Hotel are not responsible for any discarded materials left at the end of the session.
- Posters should measure no more than 3’ W x 4’ H (~0.9m X 1.2m); readily available stock foam core panels or poster board are perfectly acceptable.
- Posters should be easily readable from a distance of five feet (~1.5m). Posters should read from left to right and top to bottom.
- Keep displays simple. Posters do not necessarily have to fill the entire working area. The display should be self-explanatory. It is a quick overview of your research and should encourage viewers to stop to talk with you.
- Illustrations should be simple and bold.
- Neutral colored backgrounds are more pleasing to the eye than bright-colored backgrounds.
- Audio-visual equipment will not be available at the poster session.
- Handouts may accompany the poster but are not required.
For more information, or questions, please contact us.